Website Home Instead Senior Care
Home Instead, the premier provider of home care in southwest Florida, is looking for a Registered Nurse Case Manager to oversee client care; ensuring that the highest quality service is being provided to each senior we serve. We are looking for a dynamic professional with a background in client case management who can build relationships with our clients and their families. Families lean on us to assist in the coordination and oversight of care to influence positive patient outcomes. We love being a part of that team. This role is part-time. While it will be based out of our Fort Myers location, RN case manager will be expected to travel to our other (2) territories of Punta Gorda and Naples.
Home Instead of Southwest Florida is a licensed Home Health Agency serving Collier, Lee, and Charlotte county families since 2002. Our mission is to Change the Face of Aging in Southwest Florida by helping seniors to be able to thrive at home with the appropriate amount of care. We represent three franchises of Home Instead here in Southwest Florida. Home Instead® is one of the largest in-home senior care providers in the world. In 2019, U.S. Home Instead franchises employed 80,000 CAREGivers and delivered 80 million hours of services to 108,000 clients.
We are locally owned and operated right here in Southwest Florida. Our leadership team is the most tenured in town. We have a positive and uplifting company culture and we love serving seniors together.
The Nurse Case Manager position will provide professional services and care to seniors through a human-centered interdisciplinary approach. This position helps our clients through consultation, assessment, planning, and evaluation by supporting the best possible outcomes. This position will have knowledge of case management theory with a consultative approach for our clients/families. The ideal candidate will have experience in home healthcare and geriatric case management. It is also useful for this candidate to have knowledge of the various payor sources for home healthcare such as long-term care insurance, Medicare Advantage as well as other federal, state/provincial, and local regulations. The Nurse Case Manager position will manage and lead our team of CAREGivers through training and nurse delegation to assure the highest standard of quality care and safety is given for our clients.
- Full-time or part-time hours
- Full medical benefits
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Monthly profit-sharing bonus potential
Essential Job Functions
- Establish working knowledge of all business policies and procedures, including those governing delegation, supervision, and training, and the ability to reference them from appropriate sources.
- Assess the patient; collect and document the patient’s current health status and medical history. Complete and/or review client data as defined by policy and procedure. Make accurate and ongoing assessments of the client’s status and respond appropriately.
- Set priorities for action in a logical sequence according to the client’s needs and plan of care.
- Create a client plan of care, after the initial assessment and evaluation visit with clients, and coordinate with other providers for the client, to meet client needs. Review the plan of care as often as the severity of the client’s condition requires, at minimum every 60 days or more frequently if required by state rules.
- Update the plan of care based on all aspects of ongoing assessments.
- Determine where delegation of services is appropriate in accordance with applicable regulations, individual client conditions, and each assigned team member’s training and demonstrated competency, and maintain documentation of all factors evaluated in making the determination(s).
- Based on ongoing assessment of client status, accurately and completely document care to reflect client need, client responses to care provided, problems, capabilities, limitations and progress toward goals.
- Communicate with the entire care team (internal & external) to eliminate barriers to the efficient delivery of care. Documentation is handled promptly as required by policy and procedure.
- Available for remote and regular on-site supervision of the provision of services by CAREGivers as needed to ensure the quality of care, client safety, and to meet state standards.
- Demonstrate ability to handle emergency situations in a prompt, precise, and professional manner.
- Exhibit ability to respond to changing situations in a flexible manner in order to meet current needs, such as reprioritizing work as necessary. Organize job functions and work areas to be able to effectively complete varied assignments within established time frames.
- Give thorough, concise reports to the care team about a client’s needs, which communicate pertinent information in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate working knowledge and implementation of infection control practices.
- Develop care team instructions based on the assessment of the client's personal care needs.
- Document needs and goals for each client.
- Report progress based on measurable goals and outcomes.
- Supervise the provision of services provided by the care team and provide feedback on performance as indicated.
- Lead training efforts for the care team to ensure the highest quality of care and safety is provided for our clients.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license or state identification
- Must possess valid auto insurance (if applicable)
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, with a degree in nursing is required
- Registered as a nurse with the State of Florida
- Three years of experience in a clinical or home care setting is preferred
- Prior home health and nurse delegation experience is desired
- A previous position working with seniors is preferred
- Must maintain a current license in good standing as a registered nurse in the State of Florida or hold a compact license accepted by the state
- Managed care/case manager certification is a plus
- Possess a clear understanding of the nurse delegation process generally and as it relates to Florida's nursing board’s rules. (Nurse delegation is transferring the nurse’s responsibility for the performance of client service to another member of the team while retaining accountability for the outcome.)
- Experience in delivering excellent quality care to clients.
- Knowledgeable of client legal rights, always respect client rights, and reports the failure of any other person to comply with patient rights including abuse, neglect, or disrespect.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding all patients’ personal, financial, and health information including following HIPAA guidelines.
- Knowledge of case management/Managed Care theory and nursing assessment practices related to home care.
- Coordinates/facilitates client care throughout the care continuum.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and people skills to be able to write reports and speak in front of several individuals and communicate clearly.
- Be knowledgeable in the regulation of long-term care payors and providers.
- Ability to assess the client's mental status, monitor, record, and develop individual treatment plans and goals.
- Ability to gather data, prepare and compile reports to ensure appropriate services and client's activity tracking in relation to the care plan.
- Be able to provide emergency services and make immediate assessments and coordinate with other services.
- Ability to participate in the care review with health care providers.
- Ability to act as a liaison between the client, their family, our care team, other providers involved in the care of the client, and the franchise office to ensure that the necessary care is provided effectively.
- Must have the ability to use critical thinking skills to be able to make safe ethical decisions.
- Ability to apply interviewing skills like active listening, open-and-closed-ended questions, supportive responses, giving options, summarizing, and identifying areas for self-improvement.
- Pursue necessary education and training as needed.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including an ability to establish credibility and trust with the care team, clients, and their families.
- Capable of working effectively in a team setting, as well as independently with minimal supervision.
- The ability to build internal and external relationships.
- Satisfaction of all job Competencies.
- Valid drivers license with 4 years driving experience
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
To apply for this job please visit naplesfl.in-home-care-jobs.com.