What is Home Care and Is It Right for You?
Not so long ago, a medical crisis often meant sending a senior family member off to a nursing home. Today, even people with chronic illnesses and diseases often continue living at home.
Licensed medical professionals can be sent into the home to deliver therapeutic services, such as post-operative rehabilitation, while our highly trained in-home CAREGiversSM provide all the supportive care a person needs to continue living at home. Call us to talk about in-home care in the Cape Coral area: (239) 880-2789.
Unlike home health care, our in-home care focuses on providing support to family members who need help with the activities of everyday living. Everything from nutrition to bathing to Alzheimer’s and dementia care are services we can provide.
We offer in-home care that covers a wide array of activities, including:
- Incontinence Care
- Mobility Assistance
Companionship and Home Helper
- Meal preparation
- Medication Reminders
- Accompany to doctor visits
- Grocery shopping
- Laundry and linens
- Light housekeeping
Alzheimer’s or Other Dementias Care
- Managing behavioral symptoms
- Encouraging engagement
- Assist with activities of daily living
- Keeping seniors safe
Transitional Care Services
- Prescription pick-up
- Hospital discharge assistance
- Supplemental support
- Respite for family caregivers
Who Can Benefit from In-Home Care?
We believe anyone who needs help to stay safe and healthy in their own home can benefit from home care services. People recently discharged from the hospital may require temporary assistance with cooking, laundry, and transportation. Family members with a cognitive impairment like dementia may benefit from ongoing help with medication reminders, bathing and toileting assistance, or overnight care. In general, if you worry your loved ones cannot safely care for themselves at home anymore—and you have begun to feel the strain as their care needs increase—you and your loved ones may benefit from the in-home care we provide.
Here are some specific signs your loved one may be a candidate for professional caregiving assistance:
- Doesn’t want to cook anymore
- Needs help transitioning from sitting to standing
- Gets up multiple times during the night
- Personal hygiene is declining
- Diagnosed with Alzheimer’s or a related dementia
- Appliances, like stoves and irons, are left on and forgotten
- Housekeeping isn’t kept up like it used to be
- Household bills aren’t being paid
- Medications aren’t being taken on schedule
- Recently lost their spouse, or seems lonely
- Driving is becoming a hazard
- Arthritis has made it difficult to perform simple tasks like buttoning clothes
Home Care Increases Quality of Life at Home
You probably can’t always be there to personally provide care for every member of your family, but we can. Our highly trained CAREGiversSM act as your partner to deliver the care services your family members need to maintain a high quality of life at home. And you enjoy the peace of mind that comes from knowing your loved one is safe, happy, and healthy.
A typical day might look like this:
- Get started with a shower, a hot breakfast, and a reminder to take medications
- Do some dusting while chatting about current events
- Throw in a load of laundry
- Look at photo albums and listen to stories about your family member’s childhood
- Fold clothes and make the bed
- Prepare a nutritious lunch and sit at the table together to enjoy it
- Help your family member go for a walk outdoors to get some fresh air
- Make sure your loved one is tucked safely into bed before leaving — or stay overnight to assist with nighttime toileting or dementia-related behaviors
Services such as mobility assistance, incontinence care, and memory care may also be part of a typical day, depending on your loved one’s unique situation. CAREGiversSM deliver services tailored to your loved one’s care needs.
Experienced Home Care in Cape Coral, FL
Our commitment to quality in-home care begins with the unique CAREGiverSM training program we utilize. This comprehensive educational experience equips our CAREGiversSM to provide ethical and kindhearted care to every person they touch.
When you need in-home care services, look to Home Instead® to deliver the excellence and compassion you deserve. Learn more about the experienced elderly in home care we deliver and schedule your free no-obligation Care Consultation designed to help you decide the best senior care option for you or your loved one.