Preferred Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care in Southwest Florida
Laura Ingalls Wilder once said: “Home is the nicest word there is.” This may be especially true for loved ones affected by Alzheimer’s or another type of dementia. The warm, familiar surroundings of home can play an important role in managing cognitive diseases.
Home Instead Senior Care® of Southwest Florida is here to provide compassionate, high-quality memory care right in your loved one’s own home.
Alzheimer’s Care at Home
All of our Alzheimer’s and dementia CAREGiversSM take part in our unique and critically acclaimed training program called CARE: Changing Aging through Research and Education®. As pioneers in this field, Home Instead Senior Care developed the highest quality dementia caregiver training program available. We have helped change the way people live with Alzheimer’s and other dementias.
Alzheimer’s Care Services
Alzheimer’s disease doesn’t only affect the family member with the condition. Alzheimer’s impacts whole families. Coping with this progressive condition requires boundless quantities of patience, empathy and love. Professional caregiving provides individualized care for your loved one and gives you back some time to recharge. Our specially trained Alzheimer’s CAREGivers offer an expanded array of services to your loved one:
- Encouragement to do as much as they can on their own
- Personal care assistance, such as toileting, bathing and grooming
- Maintain a routine to discourage agitation and outbursts
- Mental stimulation through conversation and other activities
- Maintaining a safe environment
- Manage changing behaviors
- Adapting the level of care as the disease progresses
- Honor who the senior was earlier in life
- Provide nutritious meals
- Assist with ambulation and socialization
- Transport to medical appointments and other events
- Support the family
- Light housework and other household tasks
- Pet care
Call us at (239) 433-4025 to learn more about the ways our specialized Alzheimer’s caregiving can help your family member continue to enjoy life in their familiar home environment.
Dementia Care Services
Alzheimer’s disease is a type of dementia, but not all dementias are Alzheimer’s disease. If your loved one has been diagnosed with dementia, vascular dementia, sudden-onset dementia, Lewy Body Disease (dementia with Lewy bodies) or any other type of cognitive impairment, we can help. A professional CAREGiver from Home Instead Senior Care of Southwest Florida can help your loved one with dementia stay safe and happy at home.
A few of the benefits of professional dementia care:
- The Tailored Care you need. The care needs of your loved one changes throughout the different stages of the disease. We have been through all the stages and understand the challenges of each one. We will stand with your family, addressing these changing needs with caregiving exactly matched to the need.
- Respite. Dementia can take a toll on family caregivers. Our professional CAREGivers will provide compassionate care to your loved one while you take some much-needed time for yourself. Schedule one day a week “off” for yourself, or take a weekend getaway to refresh and recharge your energy. Meanwhile, you can be assured your loved one is secure and well cared-for at home.
- An expert knowledge base at your disposal, 24/7. As your family member’s dementia progresses, you may have a lot of questions about what is ‘normal’ behavior. Our expert staff and CAREGivers can share their wealth of knowledge and experience with you to ease your mind.
Parkinson’s Care Services
After Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease is the most common neuro-degenerative disorder in America. Home Instead Senior Care of Southwest Florida offers specialized caregiving services to families affected by Parkinson’s.
Parkinson’s disease produces physical symptoms like tremors that get worse over time. Professional in-home caregiving can improve the quality of life for people with Parkinson’s. We can help with:
- Independent living. Our in-home assistance keeps your loved one at home. Our specially trained CAREGivers can help meet the unique needs of people with Parkinson’s.
- Adjustment support. As the disease progresses, your loved one may struggle to adapt to a loss of physical function. Our CAREGivers provide compassionate support in helping your family member adapt physically and emotionally to these changes.
- Personal care. We will provide personal care, such as toileting and bathing, with dignity and respect.
Trained Alzheimer’s CAREGivers in Southwest Florida
We would be honored to serve your family. Call us today to learn more about caregiving for your loved one with Alzheimer’s, dementia, Parkinson’s or another chronic disease: (239) 433-4025
Contact Us Today!
Call (239) 433-4025
or complete the form below